Policy key definitions:
“I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business/Company, S Roberts & Son Ltd & Roberts Waste Ltd.
“You”, “the user” refers to the person(s) using this website.
ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
· Private individuals seeking to purchase our services.
· Prospective customers – private individuals and individuals employed by prospective customer organisations.
· Agencies, suppliers and contractors with whom we engage or contract with for the provision of goods and services including individuals employed by these organisations.
· Website visitors.
· Individuals applying for employment.
COLLECTION, PROCESSING AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data in simple terms means any information about an individual which enables that person to be identified. Under the GDPR, the following types of personal data may be collected and processed through your direct interaction with us:
1. Identity and contact information, for example, names, titles, billing address, service delivery address, email addresses, telephone numbers.
2. Advice and general communications/correspondence that you provide to us, or which we collect, in connection with our services, to enable us to offer advice, liaise on service provision, resolve issues, and contract for such services. Such services can be the provision of our services to customers, or contracting for the supply of goods and services in accordance with our business needs.
3. Financial data for example, bank account and payment card details and credit history/references.
4. Transaction and contract data includes details of service provision as a customer or supplier, and payments to and from you, tenders and contracts.
5. Marketing communications for example promotions or details about our services.
6. Website data from the use of this website. This includes contact information when you request contact about our services or enquire about employment with us, by email or form submission.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant. We will normally only use your personal data for the following purposes:
1. To enter into a contract for the supply of products and/or services with you, and to maintain and perform that contract.
2. To respond to your requests for contact and information.
3. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) in undertaking our business operations.
4. To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
5. To process job applications and assess suitability for employment.
Should we market our services, we will always seek consent from individuals when needed, such as with electronic communications. Where appropriate, we will provide for opt-out of such communications/withdrawal of consent, and enable you to give your communication preferences. We do not share website information with any third parties (other than the website host/provider for the maintenance of this service), or use the website and personal information submitted to undertake direct marketing by email or any other means.
From time to time, we may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences, such as when you instruct us to provide further services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, or the structure of our business, or changes to our service offering. However, you may contact us at any time to opt out of such communications or change your preferences.
DATA SECURITY AND PROTECTION
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement. Access to your personal data is restricted to authorised persons who have a business “need to know, and whom are subject to a strict duty of confidentiality. We have robust procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach, which includes official notification where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, which includes compliance with any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Your enquiry will stay live on our internal computer system until it is dealt with, or because you have told us that you no longer wish to hear from us, or if seeking employment you have entered or withdrawn from the recruitment process.
YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
Under the GDPR your enhanced rights are as follows.
the right to be informed;
the right of access;
the right to rectification;
the right to erasure;
the right to restrict processing;
the right to data portability;
the right to object; and
the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data, but we would welcome the opportunity to try to resolve any issues directly with you in the first instance.
This policy will be subject to annual review.
Last reviewed: June 2019